It’s that time of year again-Tom Brady lovers, wing enthusiasts, and beer fans unite for the ultimate day of football. Whether you are a die hard sports fan or just in it for the food, local restaurants and bars will have you covered with the best football events and deals.
1. With 17 tvs in the pub, Providence GPub will ensure you don’t miss a moment of the game. And while you’re cheering on your favorite team, eat some delicious AYCE ribs, drink 2 16oz. Bud Lights for $29 and possibly walk away with a free grill. Whether your team wins or loses, you’ll still walk away a champion. 61 Orange Street, Providence. 632-4782.
2. Brutopia Brewery & Kitchen doesn’t want you to just watch the game, but be part of it. Kicking off at 3, they’ll be hosting a tailgate and backyard games. Test your own athletic abilities with corn hole, beer pong and pool. Then proudly wear your team jersey inside and cheer on your team with your buddies. Brutopia will take off ten percent on all of your food for repping your team and even give you free wings at the halftime buffet. 505 Atwood Ave, Cranston. 464-8877.
3. Party with The Whiskey Republic in Providence with beer buckets and towers and a game day menu. This is the place to watch the game with 20 HDTV’s, 120” projection screen, and full sound. Confetti cannons, prizes and giveaways just make the game-day atmosphere that much more exciting. 15 Bridge Street, Providence. 588-5158.
4. Get the best deals on full food giveaways, Bud Light and Captain Morgan at Ladder 133 Sports Bar & Grill. It’s impossible to miss any play on one of the restaurant’s 33 big screen TVs. If that isn’t enough, they will have prizes and giveaways to some lucky fans. 133 Douglas Ave, Providence. 272-7427.
5. The only thing better than watching the Super Bowl is watching it with a wicked good Super Bowl bash buffet for just $30 and Bud Light for $3. With prior registration, you can pick your own seat at Wicked Good Bar & Grill in Lincoln in front of one of their TVs and catch every game moment! 100 Twin River Rd, Lincoln, 475-8600.
6. Explore the variety of Mews Tavern’s 60 beers on tap in Wakefield and check out the pub’s unique interior. Grab a seat on game day and not only catch sight of Brady, but chomp down on some of Mew’s specialty fired oven pizza or calzones. 456 Main St, Wakefield, 783-9370.
7. Grid Iron Ale House in Warwick offers food and beer specials any time a home team is playing. Enjoy one of their 36 draft beers, including $2.50 Gansett Drafts and $9 Domestic Pitchers. 1599 Post Rd, Warwick, 384-6969.
8. Try out all you can eat 50 cent wings at one of the best sports bars in South County: Rhody Joe’s in Wakefield. While viewing the big game on one of their 17 flat screen TVs, try out any of the bar’s 24 taps. 515 Kingstown Rd, Wakefield, 783-0008, 783-0008.
9. Dig into some slow smoked ribs, pulled pork and featured burgers at Rick’s Roadhouse this Sunday in Providence. 370 Richmond Street, Providence, 272-7675.
10. Matunuck beach bar Ocean Mist will be screening the Super Bowl at full volume throughout the night and will serve a special half-time buffet. You don’t want to miss the energy here! 895 Matunuck Beach Rd, Wakefield, 782-3740.
11. Rowdy NFL fans are welcome at The Breachway Grill in Charlestown. The homey restaurant atmosphere offers New Haven style pizza, burgers and fish tacos along with a variety of beer, wine, cocktails and whiskey. 1 Charlestown Beach Rd, Charlestown, 213-6615.
12. The Midtown Oyster Bar in Newport is preparing some football specials on the menu, including wings, nachos and featured dinners. Check out the building’s two bar areas - the first floor tavern and second floor Burgee Bar. 345 Thames St, Newport, 619-4100.
13. Make a reservation to get a seat or table for the Snookers Super Bowl Party offering menu specials and prize giveaways while the big game is displayed on each of their 60 TVs. 53 Ashburton St, Providence, 351-7665.
14. The Met is getting it underway with a party. Did someone say drinks, food and lots of room? Enjoy the game on the big screen and projector primed by NFL Blitz, Techno Bowl, and 97...all vintage game systems! Taking place from 5pm-11pm tickets are $10 and makes certain entry and access to wing and snack bar. 1005 Main Street, Pawtucket. 729-1005.
15. Pick your choice of wings and sides for the “Big Game Feast” at Buffalo Wild Wings in Warwick. While testing your taste buds with over 20 wing flavors, check out the game screened throughout the restaurant. Warwick Mall, 400 Bald Hill Rd 107, Warwick, 739-1392.
16. Arooga’s Grille House & Sports Bar off of Rt. 5 in Warwick is hosting “The Big Game.” Catch every game moment while enjoying live action on 100 TVs, 40+ beers on draft and a game-worthy menu. A few different items will also be raffled off during half time! 615 Greenwich Ave, Warwick. 732-1230.